People don’t just have the sense of sight but also four other senses that are being used every day. The sense of smell is one, which you can focus on when selling a property or staging an open Buy my house fast. A fragrant perfume, the aroma of bread and the smell of coffee affect people unknowingly. Don’t you just want to buy that piece of bread selling at a nearby bakery that you can smell from a distance? Thus, the sense of smell and selling a house are connected in many ways. Here are some tips on how to sell a house by targeting the sense of smell.
· Clean the house to get rid of bad odors. A house that is unclean may have a lingering smell brought about by pets, food and garbage. Covering up a bad stench by spraying perfume may not really solve the problem. Thus, cleaning the house to eliminate bad odors is a good start in attracting people to buy a house. Take away the trash, change the sheets, scrub the floor clean and clean the toilet. Focus on areas where stench is the strongest. Cleaning gives you a lot of benefits. You not only take away bad odors but also make the house more visually appealing.
· Choose natural fragrances. A heavy perfume such as those found in air fresheners may not exactly be a good idea as they often come out too strong. Instead use natural, light and neutral aromas. Essential oils placed inside vaporizers are good choices as these fragrances often make people feel good. Two good choices are eucalyptus and lavender essential oils. A house that smells very refreshing can encourage a person more to buy it.
· Bake chocolate chip cookies or bread with cinnamon. Doesn’t the smell of chocolate chip cookies just make your mouth water? This kind of smell also reminds people of the soothing comforts of home; thus, making a house more appealing. Bake cookies or bread before your guests arrive in order to effectively sell a house. Serve the cookies as well to your guests together with refreshing drinks.
· Use freshly washed sheets and towels. Have you noticed that unused sheets or sheets that are newly bought have a certain smell that can turn people off? Thus, comforters that are newly dry cleaned or sheets that are freshly washed are better alternatives in dressing up a bed.
· Use a product that removes the smell of paint. If you’re selling a house that is newly painted, chances are high that the smell of paint may still be there. This may be a real turnoff especially to those who find the smell of paint revolting. Find products that you can use to absorb the smell of paint. Ask suggestions from hardware stores or use items in your kitchen such as vinegar, onion and charcoal.
Oftentimes, people buy property that makes them feel good for unexplained reasons. This is because a person’s 5 senses affect his decision-making process without him knowing it. The sense of smell, for instance, can bring about a feeling of nostalgia and comfort that should never be underestimated. It triggers good emotions and memories that can really help sell a house. Through the sense of smell, you may be able to find a buyer for your house more quickly and get fast return on your investment.